Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry
Starting Monday, May4th; Ruth Park Golf Course and Driving Range will be open for play. The golf course will be open for its normal hours of 6:00 am to sunset for walking only.
• Push carts will be available.
• Starting times can be reserved by calling 314-727-4800 by MasterCard or Visa only.
• No cash will be taken.
• The club house will be closed, and restrooms will be located in the main parking lot.
• Online starting times will be taken but you will still need to call the golf shop for payment.
• Flagsticks are to remain in at all times and cups have been inverted for easy ball retrieval.
• Ball washers and drinking water will not be available on the course (coolers or fountains).
Please be safe and hope to see you soon.
University City Parks Update
On May 1, 2020; tennis courts, trails, and general open areas of the parks will reopen. However, park users will need to follow all CDC guidelines and County Executive Orders pertaining to social distancing.
City Manager Gregory Rose has announced that the Ruth Park Golf Course will reopen on May 15th, if not before. Please check the City website for updates.
In an effort to stem the spread of COVID-19, the City will continue to follow all Executive Orders and CDC guidelines. In doing so, the City of University City has taken the following actions:
• All playgrounds, Basketball Courts, Dog Park, Athletic Fields, Pavilions, Restrooms and Facilities have been closed until further notice.
• Summer Camp Program has been canceled.
• Mulch services have been suspended.
• Pavilions and athletic field reservations have been canceled and/or put on hold until further notice, and all programs, special events and activities have also been canceled until further notice.
• Centennial Commons memberships will be extended an additional month for each month the facility is closed.
| Staff Members • Register for Programs/ Reserve Tee Times• Recreation Guide
The Department of Parks, Recreation, and Forestry is responsible for the administration and operation of City parks, recreation programs and events, and maintaining over 30,000 trees that line the streets and parks of University City. During the school year, the Department also operates a public swimming program in the University City High School indoor swimming pool (Natatorium).
The Department of Parks, Recreation, and Forestry has developed a limited scholarship program for University City residents who meet the qualifying income requirements. For more information, contact Centennial Commons, (314) 505-8617.
The major facilities and properties are: