Who must obtain an inspection?

Anyone who plans to sell their home or who plans to rent out an apartment or home should make arrangements to have it inspected before it is put on the market. Inspections can be arranged by calling the Department of Community Development at City Hall, 505-8500. There is a charge of $60 per unit for the inspection on buildings with three or more units. The charge for single family and two family homes is $80 per unit.

Show All Answers

1. Who needs an occupancy permit?
2. What is an occupancy permit?
3. How do you get an occupancy permit?
4. Where can I submit my application online?
5. Who must obtain an inspection?
6. What will the inspection cover?
7. What happens if the property doesn't pass inspection?
8. What type of ID is acceptable when applying for a permit or application?