As a part of the Neighborhood Services Program, the Public Works and Parks Department has implemented a program to accommodate residents with special trash collection needs (i.e., Christmas, spring cleaning, Passover, holidays, etc.). Pick up your rental agreement for a trash or dumpster in the Public Works and Parks Department, 6801 Delmar Blvd., 3rd Floor in University City.
This program allows residents to pay a per-use rental fee for a trash container (90-gallon cart, 3 cubic yard or 30 cubic yard dumpster) for one special pick-up from their home. Due to weight requirements, residents can dispose of regular household trash, smaller household furniture/appliances, only building and construction debris (toilets, sinks, drywall, cabinets, countertops) from inside the home that can fit inside the container. No roofing materials (shingles), wood, tile, asphalt, concrete, rocks, bricks, yard waste, tree stumps, limbs, etc. Generally, only trash that could normally be deposited in trash containers are acceptable. No hazardous materials, yard waste, landscaping, building and construction debris or over-sized bulky waste permitted. All University City bills must be paid (no outstanding fees) to receive this service. Call the Public Works and Parks Department at 314-505-8560 with any questions.
Guidelines and Requirements
- Residents should come to the Public Works and Parks Department at City Hall to complete a rental agreement and pay the rental fee up-front. The rental fee can also be made with a credit card (Visa and MC) over the phone.
- Residents must sign the rental agreement and agree to take full responsibility for the replacement of lost or damaged containers.
- Your signature approves the placement of any container on privately owned areas. University City cannot be held liable for any damage to privately owned areas or items, including streets, sidewalks or curbs.
- The dumpster can only be dropped off and picked up by the Solid Waste Division.
- Residents will need to reserve a special collection rental at least 5 days in advance. Normal delivery is Tuesday and Friday of each week.
- You will be charged an additional rental fee if container is not placed at the curb on the scheduled pickup date; this charge will be applied to your refuse bill from the City of University City.
- Participation is limited to the supply of available containers.
- Fees are per container per pickup.
- All outstanding accounts (bills) to the City of University City must be paid before using this service.
- By renting a waste container, you agree that University City will not be liable fo any damage to private streets, curbs, sidewalks or property that may occur during placement or removal of any rental containers.
Download the Rental Agreement here.
(PLEASE NOTE: AS OF JULY 1, 2015 NEW RENTAL RATES APPLY)
Residents may select from the available options below:
· $5 rental fee per container for one pickup, if resident picks up container(s) with prior notice.
· $10 rental fee per container for one pickup, if delivered by the City. Cart(s) would be delivered one week prior to regular trash day.
· Residents will be charged an additional rental fee per container each week beyond the rental return period. To avoid the charge, resident must set out container on next regular trash day by 6:00 a.m.
· The 90-gallon cart can be picked up by the resident from the Solid Waste Division lot located at 1015 Pennsylvania (at the corner of Olive & Pennsylvania) with prior notification from Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or the city will deliver the cart for an extra fee.
The City will remove the 90-gallon cart on the next trash collection day that is no longer than 5 business days based upon the City schedule.
· $50 rental fee per dumpster for one pickup, plus an additional $50 Right-of-Way permit fee. $50 must be paid for each additional 10 business days used or for each empty & return.
· The small dumpster will only be placed on the City's public streets or right-of-way (no private property or driveways). The Public Works and Parks Department will approve the final placement location.
· The dumpster will be removed on the scheduled and agreed upon pick up date and no longer than 10 business days based on the City schedule.