On Friday evening of July 21, 2017, University City staff preformed the routine updates to the City’s website in the document management system. After the updates were completed, the permission setting that allowed for additional access to Finance records was inadvertently checked. These records include the images of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices and checks. We were notified of the issue on Monday morning, July 24th, and the problem was promptly resolved.
This only occurred when the user accessed the “Public Documents” icon, using the “Search” tool, and type a specific name. The images that associated with the name appeared on the screen.
Should you have any additional questions please contact:
The Department of Finance is charged with administering all financial affairs of the City consistent with federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations, as well as generally accepted accounting principles. The Director of Finance, under the supervision of the City Manager, manages all functions of the Finance Department.
- Develops and maintains the City's accounting system and standards
- Makes budget recommendations and revenue estimates
- Assists with tax and financial planning
- Invest the City's funds
- Functions as the City's treasury by collecting revenues and accounts receivables and controlling disbursement of funds
- Oversees audits of the City's financial records
- Serves as the City's central purchasing office
- Records and tracks the City's fixed assets and capital property
- Administers the City's community development fund program
- Provides financial services and support to all Departments, Boards and Commissions of the City
- Provides mail and printing services for City departments manages the City's parking lots and meters
- Financial Reporting
- Investment and Debt Management
- Business/Liquor Licensing
- Fiduciary for Pension Funds/Pension Management