Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, Leaf Collection
University City is one of only a few municipalities in the St. Louis metropolitan area to own and operate its own transfer station and solid waste collection vehicles. The Solid Waste Management Division is responsible for the collection and proper disposal of solid waste (trash, recycling, yard waste) from all homes, city owned buildings, and numerous businesses within the city.
CLICK HERE FOR RECYCLING INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR LEAF COLLECTION AND YARD WASTE INFORMATION
University City Transfer Station
NEW BUSINESS OR RESIDENCE?
Contact the Finance Department at 314-505-8544 to set up your new solid waste (refuse) billing account. The Public Works Department will deliver a trash cart and recycling cart to your address.
BILLING AND COLLECTION ROUTES
Billing statements for solid waste service are sent on a staggered schedule depending on the route schedule, rather than all at once. Your designated route is shown in this map:
| Collection Day
|| Billing Month
Click Here to view the route map.
Click Here to view the billing rate structure.
CURBSIDE BULK AND LEAF COLLECTION
The solid waste management division is also responsible for curbside bulk item collection and curbside leaf collection in the spring and fall.
CLICK HERE FOR CURBSIDE BULK COLLECTION INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR CURBSIDE LEAF COLLECTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL PROGRAMS COLLECTION SERVICES
In addition, the solid waste management division handles special trash collection services. These service include special scheduled bulk item collection, rental of carts and dumpsters, as well as the ability to bring trash directly to the transfer station.
CLICK HERE FOR SPECIAL SCHEDULED BULK COLLECTION INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR RENTAL OF CARTS AND DUMPSTERS
Residents must follow these guidelines for all household trash, recycling, and yard waste disposal:
• Every household should have one black trash and one blue recycling roll-out cart OR access to a trash or recycling dumpster. Household trash or recycling must be placed in the designated roll-out cart or dumpster for collection. No trash or recycling placed outside the container will be collected.
• Owners/residents are responsible for the security of roll-out carts and for their daily care. City personnel will make routine repairs at no charge and carts may be replaced based on the condition (as determined by the City).
• Collection is scheduled weekly. Carts must be curbside no later than 6:30am on your day of collection or at the curb after 5 pm on the day before the scheduled collection. Carts must be rolled back by 9:00pm on the day of collection.
• Cart capacity is 200 pounds; please do not overload.
• Residents are responsible for ensuring truck access to the cart and that the cart is not more than four (4) feet from the curb or street.
• Make sure there are no obstructions within 4 feet of the cart (i.e. another cart, parked car, street light, tree, etc.).
• Please do not overload your cart. Materials spilling from overloaded carts may litter the street. Overloaded carts may not be emptied and you may be ticketed.
• Please place only trash in the trash cart – recycling must be separated and placed in the blue cart. For information on what is or is not recyclable, click here.
• Yard waste (leaves, grass clippings, brush and small tree trimmings) is banned from Missouri landfills and may not be placed in any furnished City container. Yard Waste must be placed in brown, biodegradable paper bags with a City yard waste sticker attached. For more information on yard waste, click here.
• Hazardous materials, tires, commercial items or business equipment, construction debris, medical waste, tires, batteries, liquid waste of any kind (i.e. paint), appliances (microwaves, freon units, etc.), florescent bulbs, e-waste (computers, printers, etc.), heavy rigid metal, motor oil, televisions CANNOT be placed in the trash cart. Click here for where to dispose of these items.
• Contact the Public Works and Parks Department at 314-505-8560 if the cart is damaged (lids, wheels or body). The City will first try to repair the cart. If the cart cannot be repaired, it will be replaced.
• Contact the Public Works and Parks Department at 314-505-8560 if you need a recycling cart.
Holiday Refuse Schedule
Trash pickup is affected only when the holiday falls on or before the normal collection day. In this event trash pickup is one day later than normal collection with a Saturday route added to maintain a five-day pickup schedule. For example, if the holiday falls on a Monday, the Monday trash and recycling route is collected on Tuesday, the Tuesday route is collected on Wednesday, etc. Check your University City Calendar for more details or call the Department of Public Works and Parks at 314-505-8560.
The Solid Waste Management Division does not operate on the following holidays: