Business Licenses
Ph: (314) 505-8544
Persons engaged in any business, occupation, pursuit, profession or trade or in keeping or maintaining any institution, establishment, article, utility or commodity as specified in the municipal code section Chapter 5.04 Business Licenses and Fees Generally are required to obtain a business license.

The Finance Department is responsible for issuing licenses to businesses authorized by city officials to operate within the City of University City. Business license fees apply and must be paid in order to receive a business license. All occupational, business, and other licenses are valid from May 1 to April 30, and must be renewed annually. All such licenses are due and payable on or before April 30th of each year. AN APPLICANT IS NOT PERMITTED TO OPERATE UNTIL LICENSE IS ISSUED.

Liquor Licenses

Ph: (314) 505-8544
A liquor license is required for persons who wish to sell, import, or manufacture intoxicating liquor within the City of University City. Liquor license applications should be returned to the Finance Department upon completion. Please note that the application may only be completed and filed by a sole proprietor, corporate officer, managing partner, or managing officer of the business applying for this license. AN APPLICANT IS NOT PERMITTED TO OPERATE UNTIL LICENSE IS ISSUED.

Picnic Liquor Licenses

Ph: (314) 505-8544
A picnic liquor license (to sell intoxicating liquor by the drink) may be issued to churches, schools, civic, service, fraternal, veteran, political or charitable clubs or organizations for a maximum period of three (3) days.

For additional information regarding liquor licenses, please refer to Chapter 5.04 Business Licenses and Fees Generally.

Dog Licenses
Ph: (314) 505-8544
The City of University City requires all dogs have a license appearing on their collars, per University City Code of Ordinances 6.08.030. Dog licenses may be obtained in Finance for a fee of $3.00 per dog. Applications must be accompanied by written proof of vaccinations in order to obtain a dog license. The application must include the name of the owner, address of the owner, telephone number, dog’s gender, age, breed, color and name. Dog licenses must be renewed annually. Failure to obtain a dog license could result in the issuance of a citation.

Dog Park Tags
Ph: (314) 505-8544
There is a dog park play area located at the intersection of Vernon and Pennsylvania in the City of University City and operated by the U. City People for Dogs. For the privilege of using the dog park, a member registration and liability form must be completed and dog park tags obtained. Tags and applicable forms for use of the dog play area are available in Finance between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Fees to use the dog park are as follows:
· $40/yr. for one dog and $60/yr. for two dogs (Residents)
· $60/yr. for one dog and $90/yr. for two dogs (Non-Residents)
Individuals that wish to access the dog park must show written proof that his or her dog's rabies vaccination is current. University City residents must also show proof of residency (license, state issued identification, occupancy permit, etc.).